Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Rescue Mission

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Bea 
#1 ·
For some reason tonight, Snickyboo thought i was terrifying. He kept getting himself into weird places and when i tried to rescue him he would freak out and flap around in a frenzy. Eventually i got dad and my brother to take turns trying but Snickers was so terrified at that point that nothing was working...

And then he fell into a corner, and ran from dads rescue attempt...and ended up behind the floor to ceiling (just about) bookshelf which is completely FULL of heavy books. Now the gap behind this thing would be maybe 1.5"-2" max. Not in my wildest imagination would i have guessed a tiel could fit behind it. But i shone the torch and there was Snickers. Wings up, legs back, body squished - completely immobilised.

Sooooo, my brother and i got to work moving ALL the books off the shelf so we could carefully shift the bookshelf back enough that Snickers could scramble out, and then dad grabbed him.

He appears to be a little dazed from fright, and his eye is a bit red from dust (he had the same look when he got stuck behind the TV cabinet on Wednesday night). It would seem that he'll be ok. I'm yet to figure out why i was his worst nightmare tonight. I mean fair enough, he never likes people, but he usually doesn't mind being on my finger to get out of the cage, for rescue missions (when he lands on things he shouldn't be on) and for cage time. Crazy bird!

And then my brother and i had the fun job of putting everything back on the bookshelf. :rolleyes:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.