Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Cockatiel bird hurt toes

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lore 
#1 ·
My cockatiel bird was standing on a small hand mirror and the mirror fell, resulting on the mirror falling on her toes. The mirror is a bit heavy. Her right feet toes became straight and she looks as if she's unable to bend them down to stand on her stand. She keeps standing on her other foot and she keeps holding her hurt foot up.
Can you please tell me what to do?
Her finger looks a little bit white now as well.

See less See more
#2 ·
The toes look normal to me. Honestly, tiels stand on one foot when they're healthy, so that's not unusual. It may a little sore and she may favor it for the next couple days but I don't think it's anything to worry about. If she continues to not use it I do recommend a vet visit.

#4 ·
I don't think it will be anything to worry about either, maybe she is just a little sore now. The toes don't look swollen to me (I honestly can't make out a difference between the two feet so I am not even sure which foot is the one she hurt, oops)

In the case that it's just sore, she should start using her foot more again in the next couple of days. If her foot does seem to become swollen/thicker compared to the other, if she still refuses to stand on it after a couple of days, stops eating or if there are strange changes in her behaviour, I recommend consulting your vet and having them check her out.

In the mean time, I'm sure she won't mind a little extra pampering and TLC ;)
Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.