Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Red Nostrils

30K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  tielfan 
#1 ·
Hello,

Sometimes when I look at my cockatiel's nostrils they appear red from in the inside.. and sometimes they are just pink..

Is that something I should be worried about?

I have noticed he has this change of color about 2 weeks I think.. yet he seems very active and happy.. sometimes I catch him sneezing but I think its only because there are feathers flying around the air which makes him sneeze..

#2 ·
It can happen when they have been flying or there might be something in the air that's irritating

#3 ·
my 2 are the same, after a lot of flying or a long sneezing session their nostrils go more red than pink :)
what you have to watch out for is green goo!

#4 ·
Hi,

Try cleaning the cage with water and baking soda followed by rinse with water only. Wash the perches with water. Allow it to dry. Give your cockatiel a light mist bath with water only. He/she may have red nostrils due to excessive scratching. The redness should subside.

#6 ·
Sometimes when they are in the light it seems like their nostrils are glowing reddish pink..... At least that's how it is with Em sometimes ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.