Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Sleep House?

782 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  roxy culver 
#1 ·
Hazel came with an external feeder that was huge & broken, I quickly replaced it. But she liked to sleep next to it at night, like it was a safety thing. I don't want her to start egg laying, but is there some kind of "hut" or something that she can sleep in/near?

#3 ·
Tiels don't need a place to sleep, they sleep on perches and it's natural for them. You could try covering her cage at night and seeing if that helps provide the security she needs.

#6 ·
I've seen the fuzzy cozy huts & cuddle buddy things, I'd wondered if cockatiels actually use those.
Those can cause hormones to increase and birds to lay eggs or become super territorial. The only time a tiel needs an enclosed space is when they are breeding, which is why those type of things are an issue.

You could try hanging a piece of fleece in the cage at night, near his favorite perch if you feel he really needs something but honestly I think he'll be fine without.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.