Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Post Pictures of DIY Toys you have made!

353K views 915 replies 195 participants last post by  Chipper The Cockatiel <: 
#1 ·
We thought it would be great to see other peoples pictures of DIY toys that they have made! There have been many fantastic ideas and pictures for toys posted around this forum- so add your DIY toys to here and then we will have a great collection of ideas!:)
Here a a few pictures of the toys the kids and I have made. :eek: We got the idea of the Baby Disco from The Parrot Shop and from Bea's post and then added the paper sticks as we didnt have anything else!:p The Paper Stick Crazy Ball was my childrens idea and it is the favourite one for Banjo! :D He really enjoys it and he likes sitting on his little balcony of his penthouse to have a play and a nibble! We just pushed the little paper sticks through two holes and it is a tight fit so they stay tightly in the ball and dont fall out and we attached the toy to the balcony with lether thonging as
The last one looks like a tiolet roll made with the till rolls from The Parrot Shop, it is not really set up well but the kids were impatient to give Banjo everything! He has not been near it yet so we will rwethink the idea!?

See less See more
#2 ·
Made some more!

We also just finished making this perch! It has another Crazy Stick Ball (as he loved the first one !) and some beads on it attached with leather thonging. We left the bark on it and he loves chewing the bark off! :eek:

Banjo is being spoilt for sure!
Looks like we need to get some more toy parts as we have nearly run out!

#881 ·
We also just finished making this perch! It has another Crazy Stick Ball (as he loved the first one !) and some beads on it attached with leather thonging. We left the bark on it and he loves chewing the bark off! :eek:

Banjo is being spoilt for sure!
Looks like we need to get some more toy parts as we have nearly run out!

I love the ball with the paper sticks! Where do you buy paper sticks?

#3 ·
The perch looks great!! :D And my tiels say a big thank you for the crazy stick ball idea, it's so simple and so great! Here's some pics of my toys all in the one place. This thread is a good idea.

(simple, but definitely a fav with the birds)

:D I've got some more in the making right now, they're just waiting on some more beads. :p

#235 ·
Aww, it's soo cute! I've made a new one last night kinda with this idea but i got it from someone else.

You know how you have the paddle pop stick there and the beads, well i did the same thing and the toy is about 12'' long or so. I do have a picture just not on the computer yet. I'm also working on dying some of these sticks and creating one a little bit smaller. Just needs some more colors of dye or so.

#8 ·
Well how about this. My New toy parts are comming on tusday and i will be getting stuff to make more swings so i will post picures along with how to make them. Might make it easier to explain.

This one is pretty basic. I bought a dog toy at a pet store and untied all the knots and hung it to the roof. Anyone can do this. I can also turn this into a boing if i were to add wire to it and maybe i will but not now all the birdies love it the way it is.

#20 ·
Yup, pony beads! The only place i've found them before is as parts of kids jewelry making kits, or from a dollar store BUT i've been back and haven't been able to find them again. So i've bought a big 250g bag that's meant to have 1250+ beads.

#21 ·
i find them here at wal mart. I love them. I got a site that will ship to you bea. You would have to email them for shipping though but i know they will ship to you. Let me get it up.

http://www.birdyboredombusters.com/beads_for_bird_toys.html

Look at the neon poney beads. they are a great price here. I can get a package of 750 for about $6-7 here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.