Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

my cocketail is shaking ??

39K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Lola's_mommy 
#1 ·
my cocketail is shaking.. but like not that . its not really shaking its more like vibrating or when someone is cold.. bt like you cant see him like that , until you get close to him.. i think its normal.. like he doesnt seem sick?? help

#5 ·
Hi, I know what you're talking about. We have a budgie that has the same problem lately; his cage even makes a buzzing sound like tielfan mentioned.

Thor's problem originated from a heavy molt which he is still suffering from right now, probably due to an above seasonal warm spell followed by a return to the usual chilly temps of early spring. The poor thing doesn't have much down next to his body, which is what keeps a bird warm in the cooler weather, even indoor birds. So we turned the furnace back up and we're keeping him in the warmest room in the house away from all drafts, and making sure that he is getting lots nutritious foods. He's starting to show an improvement already.

It's very important to keep them away from drafty doors and windows and provide a good diet, especially if they're molting!

#7 ·
I have to agree with the others. My tiel just seems to shake off and on, with no apparent reason, although she may be a bit on the cold side. She is in heaven when I take her into the bathroom with me when I take a shower because I have a little heater on. She closes her eyes and naps. Otherwise, the rest of the house is on the cooler side and that's when I notice her shaking a bit. I think it is just her way of trying to stay warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.