Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

harder teaching female cockatiel to talk?

12K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nannaa77 
#1 ·
Hi :) i was wondering if there is harder or if I cant teach my female cockatiel to talk? :confused: I've heard that female cockatiels DON'T talk or its much harder to teach them ? I've tried it and Ísabella isnt talking yet she is gonna be 3 years old in march and we connect very easly . she loves listening to me sing for her and talk to her and i listen often to the same music that she has been hearing since she was 8 weeks old ! but she isnt dancing or singing with it , ive heard her sing but not often like 2 times or soemthing but not after any song .. but she doesnt repeat after me :/ i've tried to teach her wolf whistle and more but she looks at me like im retarded :( haha
does anyone know or own a female cockatiel who talks ? and how did u do it ?
ive tried the youtube teaching lessons but they dont work :rolleyes:

See less See more
#3 ·
from what i have read and have been told females do not talk there has been a few cases in which a female has but that is very rare. female lovebirds can learn to talk and male cockatiels can learn to talk. my male cockatiel listens to me when i talk to him and sometimes he talks back like he is trying to repeat what i do my females don't they just listen

#5 · (Edited)
Females arent really known to talk. I think I have heard of maybe 1 or 2 cases of a female talking but those are really rare cases. Some females can learn to whistle, my female can wolf whistle she picked it up off my male I guess but she doesnt sound as good as him. But females whistling is still pretty uncommon.

#6 ·
oh i thought so :( i want her so baaad to talk! but she was whisteling once not like calling me ! she just stood here with her cloes eyes and sang beautifully she did that like 2-3 times soooo cuuuuuuteee !!! haha butt ya i will one day have a mle cockatiel and i will teach him to talk! but i wont give up teaching my grils how to wolf whistle hehe ;)
but thank you for your reply !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.