Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

My bird keeps flying away from me when I try to get her on my finger!! HELP

9K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Saxonmalone 
#1 ·
My tiel, Cali, and I are extremely close... Back in the end of January, I moved out of my parent's house (where my bird is) to an apartment with my boyfriend and I couldn't bring her because they don't allow pets :( BUT, I would visit and she would be fine, nuzzling me, loving me, coming to me... Then a couple months ago, I noticed that whenever I come to her cage or put my finger in her cage for her to perch on, she FREAKS out... and when I manage to take her out, she flies away from me and everytime I try to get her again, she flies away again? Is she mad at me? If so, why now? Or is she having abandonment issues? Also, I should mention that since I left, my mom has mentioned that she's gotten meaner? Do you think she's mad at me?? Please help :(

#9 ·
No I do not, I am the youngest. My mom visits her every day too unless I come over, so she's not neglected or teased... She interacts with people nearby, like call and respone, if you call her name, she'll tweet back in response, but I don't know why she's doing this, I just want some answers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.