Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
28K views 63 replies 18 participants last post by  srtiels 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am totally freaked out! Please someone help me!! I have had my cockatiel for 6 years now..I have 4..I have all in separate cages except for my female and a male together..I thought if I didnt put a nest in the cage ,she would not lay eggs..
I know stupid rookie here...I noticed she was fluffed alittle on her back..So I thought my ZOE is not feeling good..I pulled her out of the cage to hold her and comfort her...Thats when I noticed she had something where she poops...and it looks like and egg...I was shocked...I notice too that she has a string of mucous coming out of that area....What do I do..?? I made a box for her and I got her vitamins and cooked her an egg etc..What is normal and what is not?? I dont want my bird dying..Im scared to death..I read on the internet they can egg bind...I hope this is not the case because I do not have money for a vet ..I am a widow and I am on limited finances...Please can someone help me..?? I do not want to lose my beautiful bird..or is this normal ? If she gets threw this I am putting her in a cage by herself!!:(

#60 ·
I'm so sorry that things turned out this way - we all wanted you and Zoe to have a happy ending. You did what seemed best to you at the time, and often there's no way to know in advance that what we should have done was something different than what we actually did. She had a very serious condition and there's no way to know whether taking her to the vet sooner would have made a difference in the outcome. Take comfort from your memories of the happy times, and know that she loved you until the end.

#61 ·
Oh no! I really thought she would make it...don't beat yourself up over this. You did all you could. You are in my thought. RIP Zoe.

#62 ·
Please remember that you tried everything to save her and stay strong. You have no idea how similar to you I felt when I lost my little birdy two years ago. He was the only thing that made my day happy when I was down and so so so special to me. I noticed a change in behavior but everyone around me told me that it was normal and that he was alright and going to be ok. I was unaware of this site then so I looked everything up, but didn't find anything that lead to him being in danger so I believed the idea that he was 'ok'. You can't imagine the guilt and pain I feel now, knowing that we could have acted and maybe he would be sitting beside me right now. I can't believe how stupid I was to go with the popular idea instead of that that I believed was right..... HOW COULD I??? Can you imagine the pain I felt when I found out it was too late to save him that night? Now, every time I hear another story with a sad sad ending I tear up, and I just can't help but feel like crying. All those feelings of sadness, regret, anger... everything comes back to me. Even as I type this I can't help but feel that way. And how many times have I dreamed that my sweet little angel is still with us....... I'm sure you know my pain.

So be strong, and remember that your birdy loved you, and still does. You did everything you could do at the moment and well, nature just was a little bit stronger. Just know that your bird is in a happier place now, without pain and without any worries, and well, maybe she has even met with my little Mr. White! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.