Cockatiel Articles

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Cockatiels Forums > Cockatiels > Rainbow Bridge

Notices

Rainbow Bridge Remember the cockatiels who have passed to the rainbow bridge here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 05:56 AM
Chick

Cockatiel Information
Number of Cockatiels: 8
Cockatiel Experience Level: Cockatiel Owner
Flashfire is on a distinguished road

Feel so sad for your loss and like everyone else has said, don't beat yourself up. Last year I lost 6 babies through ignorance and thinking I could hand rear them after the mother attacked them, one died in the nest and I took the other 5 hoping that I could save them, but slowly over a few weeks each of them died. It was my fault and I felt so guilty because they were so trusting and loving and because I didn't really know what I was doing they died. You did the best you could do and you trusted your vet, that's all we can do. Grieve by all means but let go of the guilt, remember your boy with love.

Owner of
8 cockatiels and learning
to care for them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Hatching

Cockatiel Information
Number of Cockatiels: 1
Cockatiel Experience Level: Cockatiel Lover
Krieger is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the kind words all of you, I still feel so awful about what I've done though, no matter how much you say to not beat myself up, all I can think of are how i made his last hours on earth WORSE than death suffocating him with a pablum filled syringe.... i just

see now im crying again

Im just...... Im so sorry Krieger...
Old 12-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Adult

Cockatiel Information
Cockatiel Experience Level: Cockatiel Enthusiast
littletiel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
Thank you for the kind words all of you, I still feel so awful about what I've done though, no matter how much you say to not beat myself up, all I can think of are how i made his last hours on earth WORSE than death suffocating him with a pablum filled syringe.... i just

see now im crying again

I am sorry to hear you are still unwell. I understand you. Not because it is your fault (it isn't!) but because I am a person who tends to dwell on the negative too and I just can't forgive myself either when something happens.

But it is definitely not your fault. Unfortunately there is no logic in life and we cannot know why it happened. But Krieger knew that you loved him, that's something we know.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Super Tiel

Cockatiel Information
Cockatiel Experience Level: Cockatiel Lover
moonchild is on a distinguished road

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You were just trying to help him...it's the first vet's fault, if you ask me. They should have run tests, and should NOT be ignorant enough to say that all birds need grit. Horrible and inexcusably ignorant. If I were you, I would write them a letter. They should know their negligence and ignorance caused an animal's death. As for the force-feeding, it's what just about anyone would have done, and I don't know that it would have made a significant impact on his comfort levels on his final hours since he was so sick.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Cockatiel Information
Number of Cockatiels: 4
Cockatiel Experience Level: Cockatiel Enthusiast
roxy culver is on a distinguished road

Quote:

see now im crying again

Honestly, I don't think there was anything that could've been done at this point to save him. And him getting to spend that time with you probably meant more to him than anything else you could've done. At least you tried. I very much doubt you asphyxiated him. When a tiel goes downhill like that, it happens quick. I lost my Cinnamon within hours of her vomiting. With Cupkake, I syringe fed her like you did to keep her alive through the night before getting her to a vet. At least you tried and that means all the world to them. You were and he got to be with you at the end. Fly free little one.
Jeep-normal gray cock
Pebbles-whiteface pearl pied hen
Pankakes-PF cinnamon pearl pied cock

Closed Thread