Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Hello from Coco!

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Tindi 
#1 ·
Hello everyone and good morning from Las Vegas!

My name is Laura and I adopted my little cockatiel, Coco, on February 13th. The seller said that he was around 6 months old, so backtracking, his birthday is around August 13th. Ironically enough, one of my favorite meteor showers is the Perseid shower that takes place every August, so I knew it must have been a sign from the start. Coco and I connected immediately and after quite some time debating my life, (lol) I decided to call my husband from the store to let him know that I was bringing Coco home. He is one in a million. Coco was so elated that as we were gathering everything for me to take home, he couldn't stop singing and chirping from inside of the pet carrier box. It was like he knew that he was coming home.

Growing up, I had 1 cockatiel, 2 budgies, 2 rabbits, 1 cat, and plenty of fish. All of my friends had dogs/cats and a few of them had birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas. Definitely a wide variety of animal love in my life--which I am very thankful for! My husband and I moved to Vegas around 5 years ago and only had a couple of Betta fish and numerous plants to care for, so this was definitely taking a big step for us. Along with the fact that he only had a dog growing up... He had never seen a sweet, exuberant and cuddly bird before.

I look forward to sharing stories with you all!
xoxo
Laura

Coco Perseid at 8 months

See less See more
#5 ·
What a lovely story! Welcome to the forum! Coco is absolutely gorgeous, he seems very lucky to have found you :) There are a lot of knowledgable people here with great advice and experience if you ever have any queries.

All the best to you and Coco :grey tiel:

-Foobzy-

#6 ·
Congratulations on the new baby! And welcome to the forum! As has already been mentioned, there's a lot of experienced people on the forum who can help if you need answers :)

My hen, Firestorm, was also hatched in August! I picked her up on my birthday in February, LOL!

Cheers!!!!

#7 ·
Welcome to you and your family from Percy and me. :)
Nice pic of Coco posing for the camera!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.