Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapatalk App No Longer Supported

7K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  roxy culver 
#1 ·
Moving forward, Tapatalk will no longer be available on talkcockatiels.com

PetGuide.com has made available for your download the PetGuide App, available to Apple and Android Phones and Tablets. It’s available as a free or paid version. You can find it by searching “PetGuide” in the app store or by clicking here: www.PetGuide.com/mobile/

The functionality of the free vs. paid app is the same; however, the major difference between the two is the presence of the advertisements, or absence thereof, respectively.

For users who access the forum using a mobile browser, you will not be prompted to download the app every time you access the forum. The prompt is cookie-based and will only happen once every 30 days, unless you delete all the cookies off your mobile device or use the browser’s incognito mode.

#6 ·
Is there any reason why we can't keep tapatalk active? The forum is very inactive lately and a lot of the active members frequently use tapatalk. No one wants to use more data/space to add another forum app to their phone. I see this decision causing even MORE inactivity on the forum.

Considering how decreased the activity is lately, surely you'd realize this probably isn't a good move to help the forum.

I only see it benefiting petguide.com.

#9 ·
Ollieandme...you were not here when it was active. We lost a lot of members and became less active about 9 months ago or so. The forum has a different vibe now, there are inactive staff, and we used to have members who were much more helpful. Also, members who have been long term active are not nearly as safe and helpful with their answers now. All good things must end, I suppose.

I don't think taking away tapatalk will help the decline of this forum.

#11 ·
This is actually good for me...I didn't get tapatalk because it cost money. If petguide.com is free, all the better!

The forum may not be as active as it used to be but that doesn't mean it can't be more active in the future!

#12 ·
the forum is still very active. every summer it does slow down a bit, that's normal. most of our members are from the northern hemisphere, so the summer months are going to see more people absent for a bit. people have lives and often are busier during the warmer months. i've been here longer than you, bjknight, and i've seen this same pattern every single year. it's unfair to blame the inactivity on a change like this. Yung knows what he is doing and has done a great job so far. He's behind the scenes a lot, but he's done very well so far. We should trust his decisions :)

#13 ·
Oh I'm not blaming the inactivity ON this, I just don't see it helping things. And, even in non-summer months, I've seen a noticeable decline in forum activity.

#15 ·
Well the petguide site seems pretty easy to use and download.

To be honest, I accept new member requests everyday and the numbers haven't dropped for new members. Yes older members have stopped coming on but to be honest thats part of the cycle. When I first joined, we had a lot of long time members leave the forum. It happens in a cycle and I suspect it will continue to happen.
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#17 ·
Can I just ask why? Was it costing TC anything to be accessible via Tapatalk? I just downloaded the app myself, though mostly for another forum (that loads horribly on my phone). I just don't see the point of taking away something that some members were using. Why can't it work with both Tapatalk and PetGuide?

#18 ·
I paid for TapaTalk, which is an excellent app, and I won't be paying again for another app. Most likely the free version is rid with adverts.
I don't want to be disrespectful or offend anyone but this kind of decisions are always money-based and not in the interest of the users. This is really disappointing.
This morning TapaTalk was still working, I guess when it stops I will just use the pc.

#25 ·
I guess it depends on the phone you have? Because on my S3 its definitely not slow (unless I have anything less than 3G) and its been loading everything really nicely.

#29 ·
nah, i'm saying that maybe we should be grateful for a FREE one, where some members would not have wanted to pay for another app. this one obviously is not slow for everyone. and maybe instead of complaining, we can be grateful to the admin for getting something that will work for EVERYONE, not just people who want to pay for the other app ;)

after all, you can all be stuck using something much SLOWER :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.