Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Post Photos Of Your Cage!

428K views 2K replies 405 participants last post by  Lizy 
#1 ·
I'd love to see what type of cage or aviary you have for your cockatiels! It would be helpful to people looking to set up a cage for a new tiel too! :D

This is mine, it's dimensions are 18"d x 30"w x 33"h.

I have Cookie and Bailee in it and they seem to have lots of space, so both them and me are very happy with it.:)

See less See more
#37 ·
ya i wanted it in black but i got i went cage shopping the day before i was supposed to pick up my tiels and they only had green and white in stock, they could of ordered the black but it would have taken a couple weeks. And i didn't like the white so i had no choice but to go with green.

#48 · (Edited)
Room Interior design Window Floor Glass
This is the cage of my friends bird that we are looking after for two weeks. You can see him in the picture. I don't think it is a very good cage. Click on the image to inlarge then just press back to come back to this page.

:) I will show you the cage we are getting for our cockatiel and budgie

http://www.buyonlinepetshop.co.uk/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=475

Click on the image to inlarge:):) we have ordered it and it should be coming soon

#49 ·
The attachment of your friends cage doesn't seem to be working, but the cage you're getting for your tiel is great!! :D When you say for your tiel and budgie, do you mean one each, or together? They're actually not a compatible duo, and should be housed in separate cages. ;) They can come out for supervised play time though.

#50 ·
They do get along

We are only getting one cage and the cockatiel and the budgie are going in together. I know they are a compatible duo because the breeder himself have budgies and cockatiels in the same aviary and they get along fine:) I have even put it in the internet search and it says they get along great!

P.S try the attachment now!
tell me if it works

#59 · (Edited)
LOL you can see the grate leaning against the wall on the right hand side of the cage ;)

My ladies are clumsy (especially baby Dizzy) and she falls a lot. Falling on the grate is not very safe at all, and since my guys don't play with, or in their poop... i choose to take it out :)

this cage is also superb becuase you can use it as a divider ;) As it has 2 doors, i sometimes wedge up the floor grate and have 2 cages with their own doors. I did that often with the budgies when i had adults and babies, or one pair and another pair... I will find a pic and post it soon for you to see what i mean.

It's a very great cage overall. Sturdy, easy to clean, doesn't rust, my favourite colour (blue, which also matches my walls, pictures, and bed sheets), and fits up to 10 budgies (6-8 would be my limit) and 3 tiels (MAYBE 4 temporalily)... And the light is good eh! The ladies like it I think, and makes everything look nice and bright on cloudy days.

an old pic WITH the grate in

the quaranteen cage on the left

a pic with the 'divider' in... sorry its small but you get the idea.

kirby :)

#60 ·
Here are a few pictures of Banjos cage. It is a good quality Powder Coated one but we thought we would get a good one then we should not have any problems with it.
We call it Banjos Palace and he is happy in it and on it!!:p
As you can see it has a skirt-which keeps the floor tidy and it has all the bells and whistles! Flaps that open so he can get up and out to wander and have a break from being inside. It has wheels so we wheel it around to different places or outside to the deck when we are out there- especially when the weather is nice!
Banjo loves it so we are happy too!:D

#66 ·
I got a new cage yesterday and I am just starting to get it set up, excuse the emptiness its a work in progress its very spacious and I am just getting it filled now, this is my 5th cage :eek: yes call it a sickness or just an excuse to get more birds...hehe I have 4 birds 2 tiels and 2 budgies the budgies are in 1 cage the tiels are in seperate cages so that leaves me two extra cages hmmmm......:D

#67 ·
I love it! I didn't realise it was so big and then I saw it in comparison to the tiel and it looks a fair size!! Pictures always make things look smaller...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.