Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Baby Photo Shoot

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  lperry82 
#1 ·
OK, here are the updated baby pix, the oldest (Fuzzy's baby) is almost three weeks old and parents have started mating again. The other two are Squiggles babies (the WF is almost three weeks old as well, the lutino is around two weeks old) and all are doing AMAZING!! Not sure on the gender of the oldest Squiggles baby or the Fuzzy's baby but the lutino is a girl and is being called Angel. She's going to my mom this summer. Anyways, enough babbling, here's the babies!!!:love::love:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Look at those little guys! They are beautiful! :) Doing really well!

#9 ·
Thanks guys, they are all getting so big. All weigh in at over 100g each, the little lutino having just reached 100g last night.:D

#12 ·
They're bigger than their parents....well most of them. Bubbles weighs in at 104g when not breeding so she's on the bigger side. But big babies are always a good thing!!! lol

#16 ·
They look great You should name the pearl/split pied Eagle Eye or Hawk Eye, the way it was watching you with the camera...LOL
That is awesome, I've been calling him baldy because he has no face feathers and the hubby says he wont stay like that forever lol.
Aww. Love to see your still producing the wf pearls. Beautiful! Actually. Adorable!
Yes this actually really surprised me, I figured he was split cinnamon because his sister was cinnamon but I had no idea he was split pearl! Love the surprises in the box!
They are so gorgeous!!
Thank you, they think they're pretty gorgeous too! lol:p

#17 ·
They look great! I was hopping that your babies would do well.

#18 ·
They are so cute.

#20 ·
I completely forgot I had updated photos on my phone...the lutino is just a lutino, making me think the pearl gene is on the same allele as the cinnamon gene (hence the cinnamon pearl baby lol.) Both are really starting to look like birds, have been caught perching and my hubby caught the lutino trying seeds today (he's calling her an ostrich now because she jammed her whole head in the food lol). The lil Fuzzy (Fuzzy Jr lol) is starting to get his face feathers in now that mama Bubbles has started clutch #2 and he's been leaving the box. Although she does let him sit on the eggs when he's in the box with her.:D

Attachments

#22 ·
Thank you!:D

They have started to try seeds (well Squiggles babies has, Fuzzy's baby is still kinda clueless) and flying. Not very coordinated but that will come with practice. They are getting SO big!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.