Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Harriet has crossed over...

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  roxy culver 
#1 ·
Harriet the Budgie passed away sometime during the night (1/11/16) from unknown causes. I found her yesterday morning lying dead on the bottom of the cage.
She would have been 5 years old this coming May. She was the tamest, sweetest budgie I'd ever met and a joy to share my life with. I can't believe she's gone and I can't stop crying. I may not have had her for those full 4 years, but it felt like she'd been with me my whole life, almost.

The last photo taken of her on the 5th. It was nearing bedtime and she was definitely ready for it.

The first photo taken of her at the Humane Society right before I adopted her.

Fly free, little baby <3

See less See more
#3 ·
I am so sorry you lost her...she is a beautiful budgie. Unless you have lost a bird it seems no one understands. We do here on the forum. RIP little Harriet...

#10 ·
Thank you all for the condolences and kind words. It's still hard to believe my big girl is gone. She was one budgie in a million. :(
And now I'm faced with another dilemma of whether or not to add another budgie since Ricky is alone. He was not bonded to Harriet and doesn't seem to be too affected by her absence, but I don't like to keep single budgies.

#16 ·
O man I just saw this! My heart breaks for you. :angel:

Honestly, I agree, budgies are not good by themselves. Even if they don't actually bond, having that other bird there really does help. I would add another. I wish you were in WA, there is a wonderful breeder near Seattle that handfeeds budgies and they are just the sweetest things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.