Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Stopped eating Fruits and veggys!

Tags
eating fruit
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MissCV 
#1 ·
Ive had my tiel for about 5 months now got him as a wild baby and he turned out very easy to tame. I got him eating apples, celary, grapes, cucumber, and the bottom white part off grass after about 3 weeks and fed him at least one of the things daily along with seeds i left in his cage and millet. But one week I was kinda short on money and couldnt buy him any fruits or veggies. I bought him some the following week and he wouldnt eat them at all not from my hand and not if i left slices all around the cage. Im worried about his nutrition and he wont eat even if them right up to his beak. Should i remove the seeds for a day so he gets hungry? or is there any other ways to get him eating greens again??

#3 ·
I am sorry he does not eat them anymore. :(

Daisy doesn't eat anything i give her like brocoli and carrots. :(

I am worried because i know how important it is to feed them that. :(

#4 ·
I sometimes make up a plate of different vegies/fruit and then sprinkle seeds over the top. That way when my tiel is picking up some of the seeds he might try a vegie that he would usually not go near. And then he sometimes realises that it actually tastes nice.

Stick to it, dont give up even though its very frustrating at times. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.