Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resizing and Posting Images

17K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  srtiels 
#1 ·
I thought i would put together this quick tutorial on how to resize your photos to post or upload to the gallery. To start with you should download this handy little program called Microsoft Image Resizer (the link will start the download from the microsoft website). This is the program i feel is the easiest to use and is what i will be using for this tutorial. :)

So now that you've downloaded and installed Image Resizer i will show you how to use it and then upload your images to Photobucket so that you can share them with everyone here.

Resizing Photos

Step One
Locate the photo/s you wish to resize on your computer.

Step Two
Select all photos you wish to resize.

You select images by holding shift and selecting the first and last of the group of images you want to select, or alternatively you can hold down CTRL and click each image you want to select (allowing you to select just a few from a folder).

Step Three
Right click on one of the selected images, an options menu will pop up.

You want to click on Resize Pictures.

Step Four
Once you've clicked Resize Pictures the program Image Resizer will open. You need to click the button that says "advanced"

This will give you more options as to what you can do.

Step Five
Select Custom and type in the maximum number of pixels your images will be. I resize all my photos that i post on forums to 450x450 pixels as this comes within the limit on most boards, including Talk Cockatiels.

I don't recommend resizing the originals rather than making copies as this will make them too small to get printed or to use for high resolution things. Once you've typed in the size your images will be click OK.

Step Six
The Image Resizer will take a moment to resize your photos. Once resized they will appear at the bottom of the folder they came from and will have (Custom) added after the file name.

You can either leave these images in that folder or you can do what i do and move them to a separate folder called "Forum Size" or whatever you want.

Uploading to Photobucket

Step One
Open your photobucket account (if you don't already have one go to www.photobucket.com).

Then click browse, this will open a file browser.

Step Two
Locate the resized photo on your computer. Once you've found it click Open.

Step Three
Add any other resized images you want to upload, once you're done click Upload.

Step Four

The images will take a moment to upload to your album, then you can use the tagged link to post on the forum.
[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r78/birdybea/Other/10-1.jpg

And that's it!!

Hope you've found this helpful, can't wait to see your photos!

See less See more
#17 ·
I use photobucket to resize my pictures....I have always used the preset Message board size when I resize them, but when ever they show up in the threads it says phot has been resized...I am wondering if then the photobucket message board size is too big for this site...maybe I will try photobuckets website size option.........

#21 ·
When you click on the picture you want in photobucket there should be
Share URL - Email & IM Direct Link - Layout Pages HTML Code - Websites & Blogs IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards
on the side of the picture click on img code- forums and bullentin boards it will copy it and then just paste it into your post in the forum and the picture will come up.

#25 ·
I have a question?
It concerns me that I resize a pic, photobucket tells me it is 160x120px and then I upload to forum it is then too big?
Yet if I understand you, pic can be 500x 500pix.
I try to comply, but cannot figure out how pic gets bigger?

#26 ·
I will use that helpfull information when i get my first cockatiel for my birthday! I am so exited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.