"Oh no! It's ....!" (things your tiel dislikes/fears) - Page 3 - Talk Cockatiels Forums

User Menu
Forum Home
Cockatiel Gallery
Members List
Today's Posts
Register now!
Search

Advanced Search
Forums
Sticky Library

Cockatiel Talk

Cockatiel Housing/Toys

Cockatiel Pictures

Cockatiel Videos

Cockatiel Health

Food & Nutrition

Training & Bonding

Cockatiel Breeding

Mutations & Genetics

Cockatiel Articles

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Cockatiels Forums > Cockatiels > Cockatiel Talk

Notices

Cockatiel Talk Talk about anything cockatiel related here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 02:18 AM
Hatching

Cockatiel Information
Number of Cockatiels: 1
Cockatiel Experience Level: Cockatiel Lover
Lore is on a distinguished road

Puck is afraid of fireworks. Or, to be more precise, he seems to be scared of the flashing fireworks cause on the night sky.
I checked on him just after midnight (had kept music and the lights on for him but he could still hear the fireworks) and he was clearly stressed. He sit by 2 windows, of which one is matted glass. I had pulled the blinds in front of the other one, but don't have blinds for the matted glass widow yet.
Put a towel (light gray one, I had never covered his cage before) over the side of the cage where he could see the flashes through the window. He calmed down pretty fast after that.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Adult

Cockatiel Information
TamaMoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletiel View Post
Well, you have to listen to the boss!
Certainly! And he knows he is the boss, too.

I just remembered popcorn being popped. He will greedily munch what I give him, but he doesn't like it being popped on the stove. I have to do it that way to use very little oil and no salt. so that he can have some.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Adult

Cockatiel Information
Cockatiel Experience Level: Cockatiel Enthusiast
littletiel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaMoo View Post
Certainly! And he knows he is the boss, too.

I just remembered popcorn being popped. He will greedily munch what I give him, but he doesn't like it being popped on the stove. I have to do it that way to use very little oil and no salt. so that he can have some.
Haha My boy is my boss too. Just now for example I wanted to go to the kitchen and as I was leaving the room he yelled at me (a single, well-defined scream), his crest went up and I had to come back or I knew I would be in trouble.

PS: Once I was in a taxi with my boy and I told the taxi driver my boy was my boss, and he said: "Are you married? Your husband should be your boss." And I said nobody else but my boy will ever be my boss, and he looked at me a bit horrified. :/

Old 01-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Chick

Cockatiel Information
rpo is on a distinguished road

Cats' I don't have any, but they occasionally walk through my yard. If Corona sees them outside she screams bloody murder. It results in, by far, her loudest screams. The cats don't care.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:09 AM
Chick

Cockatiel Information
galactickiwi is on a distinguished road

Bagels. miso will hiss at bagels. i'm not sure why, every other food she sees me eats she also tries to eat it. but not bagels.
nail polish or fake nails. one time she tried to crack my fake nail open like a seed and it was extremely painful, but mostly she'll bite any really long or painted nails.
running water, the hand vacuum, carrots if theyre cut into slices rather than strips unless theyre very big and very thin slices, and my tablet pen are a few more she hates.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Egg

Cockatiel Information
None
Pip is on a distinguished road

They flipped out over a fly that got trapped in the cage one day XD
Old 01-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Adult

Cockatiel Information
littletiel is on a distinguished road

I feel like a monster today as I really scared my boy. I didn't feel very well and was in another room trying to have a rest. My boy was in this room and was so unusually quiet I was worried (in spite of wishing for peace because I didn't feel well... lol).
I decided to go and have a look and entered the room very quietly, but he completely freaked out and I really thought he was going to break his naked neck as he bumped into things making noise so he did hit these things, while I kept saying very softly it was mum, trying to calm him down. Anyway, suddenly he did calm down, even if he remained quite stiff for awhile, ignoring me. When I entered the room again later I announced myself from outside and he came to me and started grinding his beak...

Not a good idea to enter quietly I guess...
Old 01-17-2017, 04:24 AM
Egg

Cockatiel Information
None
Ruby is on a distinguished road

I only have spike a couple of days and he's very tame but quite jumpy at the moment so I'm guessing that's normal until he gets used to our mad house but so far he doesn't seem to be very impressed with me knitting he runs down from my shoulders and attacks the needles and run a back up and this goes on for about ten minutes also the same with remote and was trying to pull my glasses of my face yesterday evening I only have to wear them watching tele so maybe he was like what the **** are these things he also doesn't like my nearly three year old and keeps eyeballing our tank with the angel fish in everytime he notices them move he's a funny little guy
Old 01-17-2017, 08:58 AM
Adult

Cockatiel Information
Janalee is on a distinguished road
Default oh no it's...

I found a new thing Bennie didn't like a couple of days ago. Someone gave me a glass rooster filled with red and green peppers placed to look like feathers. I had space beside Bennie's cage, so I set it there. Well, Bennie's crest went up, he made that funny little cockatiel hiss, then started swaying back and forth. The swaying is something I have seen before when he is unsure about something. The rooster now resides on the other side of the room!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:16 PM
Adult

Cockatiel Information
TamaMoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletiel View Post
Not a good idea to enter quietly I guess...
I learned quickly it is always best to announce myself, especially if he is in the dark. When I get to the doorway of the room, I gently say "It's just me, buddy."

With the layout of our apartment, I don't feel I need to do this except at night, since he can hear and see us enter the living room from the kitchen. In the dark things are different.
Closed Thread