Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

why does my female hate all other tiels?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  lattelove 
#1 ·
She is semi tame and is with other tiels but she "growls" at them when they come near and if they don't move away from her she backs down and moves as far away from them as possible. I don't understand why she's so anti-social.

#4 ·
you may luck out and she may find a male but sometimes you find the odd bird who doesnt like anyone

#5 ·
Sometimes they can be like that with people too. My parents have a cinnamon lutino (amongst their 6) who just absolutely adores my dad. Whenever dad goes up to the cage and whistles Chalky comes running right up to the side of the cage to get close to dad's face. Anyone else he ignores or tries to nip :rolleyes:

#6 ·
I hope she does end up with a male but if not its ok. And she is like that with people too. She only wants to be held when she feels like it lol.

#7 ·
When I adopted Midori she was like that too. She'll fuss if my other two tiels get right up to her in her space. If they're a few inches away but in the vicinity she's okay. If I put my hand anywhere near her she makes her fussy sound at me too. In her case I don't think she was let out of a cage much or socialized. After having her over a year she will just now come out of the cage more when the others do.

#8 ·
She sounds exactly loke mine! I adopted her too and wondered if it was because she wasn't well socialized. Glad to know yours is doing good. I hope Penguin (her name) improves over time as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.